Lemon essential oil has a wide range of uses. Lemon images are related to freshness, cleanliness, sunlight and lemon juice. Lemon is ideal for reducing microbes in hospital rooms, clinic rooms and schools. You can read about the antiseptic characteristics of lemon by visiting the blog of dentistryonsolent.com.au
Facts about lemon oil
Essential lemon oil is a high-volatile essential oil. Tests have shown that aromatherapy with lemon oil may increase the concentration and also has antidepressant effects. Aromatic lemon oil is an immune stimulant; it increases white blood cells and improves micro-circulation.
Uses of lemon oil
- For throat and mouth infections, mix some lemon oil with lukewarm water and start gargling.
- A drop of lemon oil on cold sores, herpes spots or other infected skin sores will help reduce pain and speed up cure.
- To treat eczema, add some drops on a sponge and apply on the spot.
- Apply a drop of essential oil of lemon on bleeding gums to treat gingivitis or after a tooth extraction
- It can be used in skin lotions and can be mixed with essential cypress oil.
- It can be used in antimicrobial injections, disinfectants and insecticidal liquids, mixed with lime essential oil. It is an excellent treatment for bleeding wounds.
- You can mix some lemon juice with baking soda for a home-made detergent; that is if you are into Eco-friendly solutions for house cleaning.
- Add some lemon juice to a fresh vegetables and fruits home-made drink and enjoy your detox smoothie.
- Try aromatherapy when visiting a doctor next time. For example if you are anxious about a dental procedure ask the clinic if they practice aromatherapy. The smell of lemon, Ylang Ylang and chamomile oils can make you relax and reduce the stress you might feel for the procedure.
- After removing your nail polish, you can put some lemon oil drops in a warm water bowl and put your fingers in for 15 minutes. Lemon will make your nails cleaner.