Learning how to make your own mouthwash at home is a fantastic idea for the ones who prefer to stay away from toxic chemicals in store bought mouthwashes. Staying away from unnatural ingredients and taking a look at the things we put into our body is a great way to keep our health intact. By making your own products at home, you are able to not only know the ingredients, but also control the amount you are using. Click on this link to read more about home-made mouthwash for your oral care.
If you don’t like an ingredient, simply leave it out of the recipe and you’ve got your own personalized mouthwash! This homemade and natural mouthwash for toothache is ideal for people who are looking to ease their tooth pain. The reason why the following recipe is so effective for toothache problems is because the ingredients used are a lot gentler on the gums and mouth area than regular mouthwashes that can often burn the mouth after even a few seconds of putting it in our mouth. The combination of salt and baking soda has been found to reduce mouth pain like toothache and gum pain. Since baking soda has a pH of about 9, this ingredient helps to balance the mouth’s pH and kill bacteria.
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– 1 teaspoon of xylitol
– 7 drops peppermint essential oil (any other essential oil can work too)
– 1 cup clean distilled water
1. Add all the ingredients in a glass bottle of your choice and mix well.
2. Before each use, shake the bottle to disperse the ingredients and oils together.
3. Add a small amount of mouthwash in your mouth and use the same way you would with a regular mouthwash, for about 1 minute.
4. Rinse your mouth very well with water after use.
People generally notice a difference with their toothache after around 1 week of using this mouthwash twice a day, morning and evening.