Protein is an important nutrient that our body needs. People who are into building muscle programs tend to need more essential amino acids for maximum results. But the question is, which one between whey protein vs plant protein can provide a higher amount of protein? Go to this site if you wish to find out more about their differences.
Comparing Whey Protein Vs Plant Protein
Different parts of our body contain protein. This is an essential nutrient that our body needs in order to stay strong and healthy. It greatly contributes to cell restoration, physical development, fueling energy, and carrying oxygen throughout the body.
While both whey protein and plant protein can provide numerous nutrients to the body, whey protein can be more beneficial in the sense of supplementing protein to the body. Fitness enthusiasts prefer to get their essential amino acids supply from whey protein because it shows remarkable effects on their fitness goals.
Milk is composed of 2 types of protein which are casein and whey. Whey is isolated from casein to be used as the fundamental ingredient of whey products. It can help you achieve optimal fitness results as this contains complete essential amino acids.
Whey protein guarantees multiple benefits such as:
- Helps in losing weight. Studies show that people who incorporate whey protein in their workouts tend to lose weight faster than those who don’t.
- Blocks off cancerous properties. Although the studies for this claim is still ongoing. Several researchers affirm that whey can be a great supplement to fight cancer.
- Lowers body cholesterol.
- Can aid asthma in children. Whey protein can improve the immune system and help children who are suffering from asthma. For notable results, it is recommended for children with asthma to be supplemented with 10 grams of whey protein.
- Regulates blood pressure and prevents cardiovascular disease. It may be an essential nutrient in building muscle programs but it can also be an effective immune system booster.
The recommended dosage of whey protein per day is roughly 25-50 grams. Usually, protein drinks are taken after workouts. But note that this will vary on the kind of whey protein product that you are using. It would still be safer to follow the instructions along with the product. Visit ProformTreadmill to get your equipment and enjoy your workout routine.
Dangers of Whey Protein
Despite its numerous benefits and advantages, whey protein still poses some drawbacks. Some of its side effects include the following:
- Fat gain. Taking whey protein and overindulging in foods is not a good combination. Make sure to watch your diet as well to prevent this from happening.
- Risk of kidney stone. If you are suffering from a kidney stone, whey protein might worsen the situation.
- Indigestion issues. People who are sensitive to lactose may have problems with digestion. Concentrated whey proteins are recommended for lactose intolerant individuals.
- Kidney complications. Unfortunately, whey protein can damage your kidney. To prevent kidney complications, always follow the correct serving instructions.
- Liver problems. Health specialist consultation is highly recommended before whey protein intake as it might worsen an underlying liver problem.
Plant protein simply refers to the protein extracted from plants. Although deemed extremely nutritious and safe, plants aren’t considered to be the best source of protein. Unlike whey protein, plant protein lacks at least 1 or 2 essential amino acids. Nonetheless, if you are aiming for a more natural and safer way to take protein and other nutrients, this could be a good option for you. Combine your healthy eating with a daily running on a treadmill to boost your health.
Since plants have incomplete amino acids, protein combining became a trend most especially for vegetarians. To simply explain protein combining, it is the process of consuming different plant protein sources to attain complete amino acids.
Apart from being generally safe and organic, plant protein can also be beneficial in other ways such as:
- Decreased risks of heart disease. Because it can regulate blood pressure and cholesterol levels in the body, heart diseases can be prevented.
- Maintains a healthy weight. Plants are known to have fewer fats making it a beneficial segment of your diet.
- It helps in improving your athletic performance. Adding plant protein to your training and program can notably improve your performance as well. It could increase energy levels and aid in recovery after an extreme workout.
- Safer and natural. It’s no question that compared to other sources of protein, plants are safer and more organic. This means that the risk of absorbing harmful chemicals is reduced.
Disadvantages of Plant Protein
Generally speaking, plant-based proteins are safer to consume not only for adults but even for children. However, if your goal is to build muscles and jumpstart your body-building targets, it may not be the best option for you. Some of its downsides include;
- Costly diet meals- as you will need to combine different kinds of plants to complete your protein intake.
- Several plant-based protein sources are rich in carbohydrates which can be an issue for people trying to lose weight.
- Compared to whey protein, plant proteins are more expensive.
- Plant protein powders have a grainy texture that can be hard to mix.