Everybody likes a shiny smile! There are two options; you can get your teeth cleaned by a professional or just use some natural products found in everybody’s kitchen to make your teeth brighter.
Yes! you can use spices to whiten your teeth!
They are natural and effective. Spices do not have side effects on the teeth. Unlike the chemical whitening treatments, a home made tooth whitening paste is affordable too. You can get the best benefits of the spices available in every kitchen, without the risk of harming your enamel and gums.
Let’s talk about whitening teeth with turmeric. Turmeric, besides being beneficial for your health can prove a safe and cost-effective solution to remove some stains off your teeth. Here, is how you can make a home-made toothpaste and whiten your teeth:
- Use your ordinary toothbrush, wash it first.
- Dip the toothbrush in a bowl where you’ve mixed a quarter teaspoon of organic turmeric powder with coconut oil.
- Brush your teeth in the ordinary way you do.
- Once you are done with brushing, keep this turmeric toothpaste on your teeth at least for 5-10 minutes depending on the gravity of your teeth discoloration.
- Spit the turmeric once you are done and rinse your mouth with water.
- Finally brush your teeth as you normally do with a commercial toothpaste. This is done to remove any spices from your mouth that might give a yellow tint in and around the mouth.
Eventually, the stains on the teeth will fade, and you will have whiter and finer teeth.
Turmeric is a spice well known for its health properties. Using spices for home-made toothpaste can help not only your tooth color but also your gums. Spices mixed with coconut oil can help to prevent receding gums which when exposed cause tooth decay. Turmeric can reduce inflammation and swelling and also has antimicrobial properties. Try to mix turmeric with baking soda for faster and long-lasting results!